Welcome to Youth Resources
Juntos is a program for the students and there are many resources available to the students. Whether you are looking for scholarships, information on getting to college, resources for parents, financial aid help, or you are interested in the mentorship program, Juntos has it all!
Table of Contents
- Scholarship Resources
- Juntos Academy
- Copa Unidos
- NC Society of Hispanic Professionals
- Connect with Us
Scholarship and College Resources
Preparing for college is a ominous idea for many people, but here at Juntos, we believe everyone has the potential to achieve higher education. Here are just a few resources that we could come up with!
First, what are scholarships and how many different types are there? Also what do I need to do to apply for college?
- Information for families from CFNC
- Scholarship guide from Onlinedegrees.org
- Information for college bound students provided by NC Society of Hispanic Professionals
Here are links that can clear up many confusions as well as provide information for you to achieve success!
Once you understand the different types of scholarships available to you, this knowledge makes finding them and applying a little easier.
It is very important that you fill out a FAFSA if possible. Some financial aid can be gained from FAFSA and this is need-based. The FAFSA is used by many colleges and is important for their personal financial aid packages.
Information for filling out the FAFSA is found here.
Below are a few scholarship lists and resources that could lead you to an affordable college tuition!
- Hundreds of college scholarship opportunities. Visit often to see what’s new
- The newest Guide to Scholarships for New Americans and Minorities
- Great list of Scholarships provided by the NC Society of Hispanic Professionals
- El Pueblo Scholarship Guide (contains listings and eligibility criteria for numerous scholarships)
- Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund
- State Farm Insurance Hispanic Scholarships
- List of Scholarships Available
- The Tomorrow Fund for Hispanic Students
- MALDEF’s list of scholarships and guides
- Lists of Colleges with Free Tuition for Lower Income Students
Remember, the list above does not include financial aid packages that are based on the college itself.
Two new resources just presented to us are two guides that are packed with information regarding financial aid, FAFSA and anything anyone would need to get through this long and complex process! Read through the guides slowly and in pieces, it can get overwhelming if you just skim through and try to take in all the information at once.
Here is a very informative guide that can answer many questions and how to avoid many of the mistakes that come with this process.
Secondly, is a website with both information and a scholarship search engine.
2015 Juntos Summer Academy
Juntos Academy is a week long experience at NC State University where Latino High School youth participate in special university classes, college student panels, STEM activities, Arts, and leadership training. The Juntos Academy gives these Latino students the college experience for a week by letting them stay in college dorms, connecting with college age Team Captains, and learning what they need to do to get to and have success in college.
We are looking for college students who want to make an impact in the lives of Latino High School students. We call these students Team Captains and they serve as mentors and team leaders to students during the Academy.
Back to Welcome
2017 Copa Unidos
College students from NCSU along with other universities and Juntos High School students from around the state of North Carolina will unite with one goal in mind: TO PLAY SOCCER! We invite all soccer lovers and players to register and be added to one of the teams for our 2017 Copa Unidos. There will be prizes for the 1st place winners. The number of games played will depend on the number of players who register. Friends and family are all invited to attend the tournament.
– The registration fee is $5, which includes lunch (A percentage of the registration cost will go towards the Juntos Scholarship). You can pay online using a credit card or in-person with cash the day of the event.
– Teams are encouraged to wear same colored t-shirts or design matching team shirts. Get Creative!!
*Community service hours will be provided. Please bring proper documentation if applicable*
Back to Welcome
NC Society of Hispanic Professionals
A great resource for students! Learn more here: http://thencshp.org/forstudents
Check out scholarships, SAT/ACT Testing tools or Financial Aid help.
Back to Welcome
Connect with Us
Keep up to date with Juntos! Events, articles, media, etc will be posted frequently.
Back to Welcome